If you have recently placed a new purchase, and saw "The purchase order has been put on hold for further processing", and wondered what this meant or how long that will take? This can mean a few things. Keep in mind thousands of orders are placed every day, and there is a small chance an order gets put on hold.
Why Did it Happen?
- Credit Card - Due to strict fraud prevention services, some credit card orders are put into queue to be manually processed by a human. Its a rare occurrence, but happens.
- PayPal - If you used PayPal, there is an extremely rare chance that PayPal did not release funds immediately. Orders that fall into this clause, sit and wait* for payment to arrive from PayPal.
- Game Not Ready - Due to high volume or demand, some games simply run out of registration codes before the publisher can supply more**! However rest assured, all purchases will receive their codes and be completed.
- Pre-Order - You purchased a game that is for pre-order. These are normal, and always put on hold until the game is released.
How Long Then?
- All orders are processed within 12 hours on weekdays, and 24 hours on weekends (usually quicker). [holiday season can increase this due to load and increased fraud activity]
- All delayed orders will have an email sent to you when completed.
- The MacGameStore App will show you when a game is ready to install.
*Orders that do not receive payment within 24 hours get deleted.
**Only a small subset of games are managed this way.