To play Borderlands Add-On Content Pack you will need to have Borderlands stand-alone game installed. If this is not present, you will not be able to install Borderlands Add-On Content Pack on your computer. When you have successfully installed the Add-On Content Pack follow the instructions below to activate it:
- Double-click on the game icon. The Borderlands pre-game Options window will appear. If you have set the Game Options window to not be displayed, holding the command key down while launching the game will force it to be shown.
- Select the Activation tab.
- Deactivate the old installation of the stand-alone game, by clicking on the Deactivate button.
- Now clear the old product key by clicking on the Clear button and then enter the new product key which is provided with purchase of the Add-On Content Pack.
- Click on the Save button. A message will appear below the product key telling you that the Add-On data has been installed and activated.
- Now click on the Activate Online button.
- You will now be able to play the full Game of the Year Edition by clicking on the Play button in the bottom right corner of the window.