Problem: While playing the game, the "ESC" key does not open the menu or do what it should. Thus preventing you from saving, changing settings, or quitting the game.
This is a known bug, with a workaround.
You need to change the Language setting to English before running the game. Follow these steps:
- Open up "System Preferences" from the apple menu.
- Click on the "Language & Text" icon under Personal.
- Make sure the "Language" tab is chosen.
- Drag English to the top of the list on the left.
- Keep the control panel open (dont close it).
- Run "A Vampire Story", and the ESC key should now respond.
- When you quit the game, go back to the Language settings and drag your preferred language back to the top.
- You may close the control panel now.